Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Things to Make: Paper Punch Leprechaun

This cute little guy is the perfect way to embellish St. Patty’s Day decor! Use him on napkin rings, gifts for friends, cards, tags, and more! He looks so cute peeking out of a little pot of 'gold!' (You can use Werther's, Hershey's Treasures or Kisses, or foil-wrapped chocolate coins!)

Materials Needed:
Scraps of colored card stock (light flesh color, pink, orange, black , yellow)
Adhesive (glue stick, etc.)
Pink chalk or blush and a Q-tip
1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
1 3/8" Circle Punch3/4" Circle PunchTag Punch
(I'm using Stampin' Up! Punches...they've recently been redesigned - the new look is awesome! The ones I'm using are the old design.)

First punch out the shapes you need: a flesh colored 1 3/8" circle, a pink 3/4" circle, an orange 1 3/4" scalloped circle, a black tag, and cut out a small rectangle strip out of black and a yellow square.

I'm layering my little leprechaun on a green tag/card so you can see him better, but you can make him as is! Start with the orange scalloped circle first.

Adhere the flesh colored circle next.

Add the pink circle onto that.

Next, adhere the black tag.

Then the black rectangle strip.

And finally the yellow square.

Draw on eyes and a mouth.

And give him some cheeks with a little pink chalk or blush.

I've also written a little note below him!

You can make him on a tag, like I've done, or attach him to a toothpick or craft stick to put into a candy dish or cupcakes!

If you’re interested in getting some some paper punches for a really good price, check out Stampin’ Up!’s offerings! (And remember that if you enter my name as your demonstrator you automatically get 10% off of your entire online purchase! Plus Sale-A-Bration is still going on, where you can earn FREE stuff, too!)



Anne said...

That is adorable Sarah!

Karen@SimpleBlue said...

I'd like to build me a leprechaun! I have a love/hate relationship with your blog. I love to read it and hate that I would love to make everything you make and hate that I could never possibly have enough time to...although I would love it if I did. :)

Keeping Life Fun with one Craft at a Time said...

Thank you for sharing. I always wanted to know how you used those! I am out of the loop on scrapebooking world. http://keepinglifefunwithonecraftatatime.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-blog-giveaway.html

AllieMakes! said...

Very cute! Love the little guy!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!

Jen said...

okay, so I am so glad that I read your post - I absolutely love SU, and used to be a demo, but now I am too busy with kids, but I want to put an order in by the end of the month to get the great deals. I am going to use you as my demo - because I do not know anyone here!

Also, thanks for sharing this cute card at Fantastic Friday. I hope you will join us this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...