Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crocheted Caplet



This week I tried my hand at creating a caplet! It's sorta like a shawl, but not quite as lacy, and doesn't necessarily make me think of little old ladies.

(Not that there's anything wrong with little old ladies! I know and love many little old ladies! They are some of my very favorite people ever! I just don't want to look like one yet...especially since I'm 22 weeks pregnant. Just sayin'.)

Anyway....

Here's my creation:


It's really cozy without being bulky like a sweater, and it's easy to wear in different ways! It's got kind of a vintage look to it, which I love!

Here I'm wearing it paired with one of my Button Blossoms in Tangerine. Doesn't the color just make you happy?!?


The caplet hooks together with a simple cream colored button, and it can be worn with or without the flower pin. It's a great addition to a winter wardrobe, and would look cute worn over a cute Spring dress, too!


I'm hoping to get my act together enough to actually write down my pattern...since I sorta made it up as I was working...but I think it would be great in other colors, too!

Click here to see the listing for my latest creation! Go take a peek!

Happy Wednesday!


Photobucket

13 comments:

DeniseAngela said...

That is so beautiful! Love the tangerine blossom too!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I NEED to learn to crochet! My sister tried to teach me and discovered that it wasn't as "foolproof" as she thought it would be. In a word, I'm hopeless. But you, my dear, are amazing.

ilmostro said...

oh my, that orange color is divine. You have such awesome pictures, really capturing the beauty of your pieces!!

Beth said...

Wow! It's simply gorgeous!! And yes, that orange color flower on the caplet is HAPPY! Happy Happy!

I know you'll link up to FoF :-)

Beth said...

And there you are! happy Fibers on Friday! Have a great weekend :-)

Rachel said...

Here from Iron Violet designs. Very cute capelet. I keep thinking I should learn to crochet...

twobutterflies said...

Wow - it's beautiful!! I would LOVE to see a pattern.

Mary said...

That is so pretty! I love the colors and the flowers. You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Fibers on Friday :)

Have a great weekend!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

simply beautiful! please come link this to our party over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-heart-shaped-ice.html

Have a great weekend!

Heather said...

Hello! I am visiting from FrouFrou Decor. I just love your capelet. I tried knitting one, but I am a horrible knitter and am even worse at crocheting, so I gave up. Yours is adorable.

Tonya said...

Oh, I would love a pattern! I would totally like to make one for my 9 year old. She doesn't really fit in any of the little girl patterns anymore so this would be something I could make for her that she could wear to church or something! Please! ;0) Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Jen said...

I love this - I so wish that I could crochet! Thanks for linking up to Fantastic Friday. I hope to see you again this week!

Carrie said...

It's absolutely amazing! I would also like the pattern. Have to refresh my mommy style wardrobe...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...