Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Things to Make: Pinterest Inspiration ~ Crockpot Enchiladas

This week's

was inspired by...
Crockpot Enchiladas from thekitchn.com
from my Things to Eat board!

Lately I have been obsessed with cooking with my Crockpot.  It's sooooo easy to throw everything in early in the day, when the house isn't so crazy, and let dinner cook itself.  Especially in the cool Fall and Winter months.  It's wonderful to have the aroma of a hot-cooked meal wafting through the house throughout the day.

And, yes.  I did just say wafting.

Anyway...here's what I made:

Again, not such a great picture.  i blame it on the fact that it's dark by 4:30pm here, and I had to use my *gasp* flash to take a decent shot!

I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of using cheddar cheese instead of Monterey Jack ('cause that's what we had).  Everyone loved it...although the bottom layer did get a trifle bit too crispy. In the future I will probably change the setting to my six hour setting, instead of four.

I served it with rice and salad and topped it with a little sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro.  Yum!

Definitely a keeper!


Chris said...

Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. Will have to try it sometime soon. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Crock pot love plus enchiladas? You had me at hello! I'll be trying this soon to see if it will work for the houseful of family I'll have next week. Thanks for posting!

Carissa said...

this look awesome. I love enchiladas. And the only thing better than enchiladas are enchiladas that practically cook themselves. Thanks for sharing!

I found you through the Lil' Luna link party and am your newest follower. Cheers! Carissa from Carissa's Creativity Space

Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy said...

Yum! I've wanted to try enchiladas in the crock pot, but for some reason the idea made me nervous. I'll have to give it a shot!

Karla said...

Those look really good! I love using my crock pot, too, especially in the colder months. Oh, and I make yogurt with mine all the time, though I tend to use make it more in the Summer since I use it in smoothes. I'll be trying crock pot mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving.

marissa said...

oh that looks so delicious I'd love you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

AllieMakes! said...

Yumm! Those look great!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie this week! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!

Kristen (by the book paper) said...

This looks great! I've always used my crock pot mainly for warming, but never just for cooking. I guess I'm going to have to try it! (And I know I have a crock pot mac and cheese recipe pinned to try!) Thanks for linking up with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...