Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Things to Make: Pinterest Inspiration Customizable Crochet Poncho



Hey, Everyone!

This week's 




was inspired by this...


Customizable Crochet Poncho





...found on my Things to Crochet Board.

I loved the way this looked...so I thought I'd give it a try!  

Following the pattern linked here, I created my own!






I used Red Heart Soft yarn in Leaf, and embellished with some cool repurposed branch button I had purchased on Etsy, here.  I  LOVE the color; and it has lovely drape.






It was really simple to work up...it's soft and warm...but not too bulky!  Perfect for Fall!  The only thing I would have changed was the width of the neck opening...I love it!

What do you think?

Photobucket

19 comments:

Tristin @ Two Girls Being Crafty said...

Whoa--that is lovely!! Perfect color, too.

omlair said...

soooo nice! *adds to queue*

Lori said...

My friend made me this exact thing....if you want to check out the pic you can find it here...http://lori8100.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-201365.html

Emily said...

So cute. I'm pinning this one my make for me board right now!

Hawthorn said...

Very nice - Love both the inspiration and your version *{ mental note to self - I need a poncho}*

Nicole said...

I love it... It looks so good, no you looks so good! :-)

Kristen (by the book paper) said...

That came out so nice! Like a fashionable blanket with buttons!

The house That Can said...

WOW! It looks great! Perfect for the fall.

Chrissy said...

This looks so good!! Great color!!
Found you through a link party!

Fiona said...

Oh it's great. LOVE that green and the way it drapes. Now I've printed out the pattern to make one day. And must say I love yours way better than the original!

Beth said...

It's wonderful and I LOVE that color!!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That's beautiful! Love the buttons. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/10/fibers-on-friday.html

Jennifer Juniper said...

Must. Learn. Crochet!

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing this on my blog!

Manon said...

I am inspired and may go woolshopping this afternoon.
ManonX

hellopalz said...

Great Poncho scarf for the fall weather

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

You beat me to this! I have it on my to do list for fall! It is beautiful.

Jill of oursevendwarfs@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

There are some great learn to crochet videos on utube for free.

Mimi said...

I am making this poncho right now. if you want to close up the neck hole a little, I think you could do that easily. You would just have to move your buttons up closer to the neckline. I am to the point of weaving in loose ends and sewing on the buttons.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...