Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Things to Make: Pinterest Inspiration - Pipe Cleaner Fairies



I wanted to try out one of the projects I have pinned in my Things for Kids pinboard, this week!  My oldest daughter has been sewing tiny little fairy clothes, books, and bedding since the last week of summer vacation!  I thought this would be a perfect activity for the two of us...and of course the other kids wanted to join in the fun, too!

My

this week is:








Bendy Dolls by The Enchanted Tree



And here's what my kids and I made!



 The heads of the first fairies we made were a bit big...I only had jumbo wooden beads on hand - which was just fine for my younger kids!  (Even my son wanted to make one!  His is the red-head with the scars on his forehead...what a boy!)

We decorated them with tiny felt outfits, fake flower petals, and rhinestones ... cuteness!!

After we made the first group my oldest daughter and I went to the store and got some smaller beads...I only have one of the tiny fairies in the pics, but these ones' heads were were much more proportionate!



I had to man the hot glue gun for the kids, but they had fun wrapping their fairies bodies, making clothes and helping pick out hair colors! 





We'll definitely be doing this activity again!

Photobucket

13 comments:

aStarToSteerHerBy said...

Those are awesome! What an adorable project

Dianna said...

That's a neat idea. I think I might try and make some with my niece.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, those are the cutest little things! How cute! I love that you do creative things like this with your kids--it makes me excited for Forrest to get a little older so we can do fun crafts together!

Alexis @ persia lou said...

Love em! How fun!

Susan said...

Those are so cute! They look pretty easy to make and so creative.

Emma @sciencesparks said...

I love those! they are fantastic!

chris said...

These are adorable. I should make some with my daughter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

What a great idea!

come link this up to scrappy saturdays @ candacecreations.blogspot.com

Jen said...

They turned out great! My 7 yr old would LOVE this!

Rhinestone Beagle said...

OMG I love these. Thanks for linking up at the Rhinestone Beagle. Can't wait to see what you have for next week.

Jen @ Eating My Candy said...

I love these! So cute!

Jen
eatingmycandy.blogspot.com

Kristen (by the book paper) said...

Those are adorable!! Thanks for linking up with me today! :)

Liz said...

What a cute idea to do with kids! I posed a Pinterest project on my blog today too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...