Friday, September 17, 2010

Feature Friday: Amanda J Photos & ArtisanMaskers


So, this week's Friday Finds, is a shout out to my lovely sister, Amanda! (I know....sometimes you just gotta brag on the ones you love!)

Not only is she a wonderful Mom of three, but she also has TWO Etsy shops! Crazy lady! ;)

Her first shop, amandajphotos, has been dedicated to her photography, which is absolutely beautiful I might add. She still does things the old-fashioned way...ya' know with real film...so her photographs are stunning! I have an original of this one



hanging in my front room...I LOVE it! It's so peaceful...whenever I'm feeling really stressed I just sit and look at it, and life seems so much better! In addition to prints of the photos she also offers bookmarks and cards!

Recently she's begun adding vintage items, and fun eco-destash items like this and this! So very cool! I picked up some of her stripped sheets, and can't wait to get started on a new bath mat! Very cool!

Her other shop, Artisan Maskers, is dedicated to paper mache masks like these:







I know. They're so awesome.

The best part is that most of the masks are made from salvaged and upcycled items! Each mask is hand made from scraps of paper...such a pretty way to recycle!! She has this fantastic stash of stuff to decorate with and mostly its just odds and ends that someone else didn't want! She's put together a group of crafters who all contribute to the site...each Mask is totally unique, because of the upcycled nature of the decorative items, and also because of the different crafters' techniques and styles.

She's had masks sold for Halloween, Mardi Gras, New Year's Eve, and even Prom! If you're looking for a truly unique costume piece, you really should check out her shop!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic