Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Things to Make: Jewelry Display from a Rake




Sorry about not posting this yesterday!  This last couple weeks of pregnancy are putting my brain through the ringer...SO much to do!

I feel like I'm cheating using this as my How-To Tuesday project this week...but I love the way this worked out!!

Not too long ago, on Pinterest,  I saw this cool old rake that had been used as a jewelry hanger!  Genius!

Ever since I made my Burlap Earring Display organizer (which I STILL LOVE...it's soooo perfect!), I've been trying to figure out how to get all of my necklaces...and other earrings...out of a huge tangled mess in my drawer.

This was perfect!

Then, I just happened to remember that we happened to have the head of a cool old rake, hanging up in our shed out back!  You all know how I love a good repurposed/upcycled project...plus this is vintage....Ooooooooh!

Yipee!!

I just cleaned it off a little, tied a length of jute twine around the top part of the rake, so that I could hang my hoop and lobster-claw-style earrings to it, and then mounted the rake head onto the door of my closet!

Ta-Da!!!


It works perfectly!  And no more tangled necklaces!!!! 
(Plus it's out of reach of my youngest, who has a tendency to wander off with my nice jewelry!)

So, if you are lucky enough to have an old rake lying around, give this a try!!  So simple...and it looks fantastic!!!
Photobucket

26 comments:

Rachel said...

So fun! I saw that on Pinterest too and thought it was such a cool idea. Nice work!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Amy said...

Wow, Sarah, I think yours looks even better than the original. Way to go! I have a jewelry organizer, but my problem is actually putting the jewelry back into the organizer...therefore I have lost several pieces....time to get some more I s'pose:)

Jocelyn said...

What an absolutely genius idea! Of course I don't have an old rake lying around...but I love this!!!!

Martha Winger said...

That rake never had it so good! Did you spray paint it or anything? Looks amazing.

Tanya @ Greetings From the Asylum said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Screaming Sardine said...

I love your rake jewelry rack! Very unique and pretty.

Hang in there. The last couple weeks of pregnancy always seem to the be longest.

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

ByBy said...

Wow, such a great idea! Love it !

Susan Woods said...

That's awesome. Now I know not to pass up an old broken rake next time I see one.

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Wow! Lovely upcycling job!

Paula said...

This is awesome! Now I need to find a rake! :)

amanda j said...

This SOOO fits you, Sarah! Glad you've ditched the shoebox that was so recently housing all this stuff. ;D (And, I'm with Amy--I think I like yours even better than the original!)

The4Rs said...

very cute and perfect for a summer project - could you post on my linky party? http://the4rsRamblings.blogspot.com

c.w.frosting said...

Great repurposing! I grew up raking leaves & jumping in the piles =)

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Amy @ http://hobbygatherer.blogspot.com/ said...

I'm a new follower. I love this. I often go to garage sales looking for gardening tools, and now when I see another rake I will buy it and re-purpose. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Robyn@Something Pretty said...

This is Genius! I love it!

Heather at Dragonfly Designs said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

Love this! I've been on the look out for a rake for sometime so I can do this and haven't found one yet.

justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

LaVonne @ Long Wait said...

Genius idea! I love it. I was thinking that I need to Pinterest this one. :)

Blessings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

AllieMakes! said...

I nver would have thought of a garden rake for a jewelry hanger! Neat.
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Elegantpaws said...

Great idea! Looks so cool! Thanks for sharing.

Megan @ Cut the Craft! said...

Such a great upcycle idea! Love it!

Megan
www.CutTheCraft.com

Sweet Floweret said...

LOVE!
I would love it if you would post this to my linky party, 20 minute tuesdays, tomorrow!
http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com
People LOVE quick and creative projects like this one ;)
Thanks for considering.

Victoria K said...

Totally love it! You ROCK!! What an awesome recycle/upcycle.. Whatever ya wanna call it it's totally genius!!!

JanniCake said...

Great idea - very pretty. I'm linking to this on my twitter :-).

Jasongonce001 said...

Wow..Really beautiful handmade bracelets, you can also find an exhaustive range of handmade jewelry ranging from gemstone bracelets, necklaces, rings, and many more to suit different tastes and budgets.

jewelry displays said...

Thank you with this write-up. Superb!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...