Monday, February 28, 2011

Little Crochet Legwarmers and an Announcement!



A couple of days ago, my girls were being ballerinas (not an unusual thing around these parts) and kept having to break up little tiffs about who got to wear the lavender legwarmers, I had made for my second daughter for Christmas! She loves them...but so does our youngest!

I've been hearing them fight over the legwarmers for days now...so I decided that this was one of those times that it doesn't need to be a special occasion for me to make stuff for my kids!

Here's what I made:




I used Simply Soft yarn in soft peach...I love the way they turned out! I used a pattern hat purchased here on Etsy last year. I modified the pattern a bit to suit my needs, but it's a great one! You can find it here.

Now I have TWO happy little ballerinas!



Soooo.....?

What's the big announcement? I've decided that I will be starting my own Linky Party on Mondays!!! I'm really excited to turn Make Something Mondays into something where others can share what they've been making! I'll be asking people to share crafts, home decor ideas, sewing projects, knit and crochet items, and recipes here on Mondays! Hope to see you next week!!!

Have a happy week!!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Megan said...

so cute. I adore legwarmers!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Me said...

so adorable. My girls would love these. Lisa

MessyMissy said...

I need to make some of those. But, I don't crochet! I'll have to find a knitting pattern with the same little ruffles, they are so sweet. I would love it if you would link this project up to my Marvelous Mess party. Each party I pick one entry to feature on my sidebar for a week!! Here is the link:
http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/2011/02/marvelous-mess-2.html

Karen@SimpleBlue said...

I love the little ruffles at the bottom!
My daughter has yet to be exposed to leg warmers. All in due time.

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

Those ballerinas are adorable--and so are the leg warmers! I like the ruffle addition, too--it adds a "fun and fancy free" touch :o) I'm excited about your new idea, as well! Can't wait 'til Monday!

abeachcottage said...

Very cute and very trendy leg warmers! Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

Awesome!! I'm in :-)

Adorable kids with adorable leg warmers!

Marushka C. said...

That is a very sweet picture. I like the texture you used on the legwarmers.

AllieMakes! said...

Cute leggies!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...